SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTERS (SBDCS) provide assistance to small businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs. SBDCs help wealth builders realize the dream of business ownership and help existing businesses remain competitive in today’s marketplace.
Below you can download a free list of all SBDCs in the United States, updated for 2015.
THERE ARE MORE THAN 700 SBDCs throughout the United States. An SBDC can be found near every major city, as well as in many smaller towns. SBDCs are hosted by leading universities and state economic development agencies, and funded in part through a partnership with the Small Business Administration.
ADVISORS AT EACH SBDC PROVIDE business owners and entrepreneurs a variety of free business consulting and low-cost training services. These include:
- direct assistance on general business topics
- help writing business plans
- help finding sources of capital, preparing loan packages, and applying for loans
- help with accounting, licensing, and tax matters
- exporting and importing support
- disaster recovery aid
- market research help
- library and research help
- healthcare/insurance guidance
- manufacturing assistance
- specific help for women, minorities, and veterans
- help participating in government programs, such as guaranteed loans and selling to the government
IN ADDITION, some SBCS make loans.
EACH SBDC WEBSITE listed below is a wealth of business startup and expansion information and resources. Many SBDC websites offer:
- free online training
- free online consulting
- free, helpful how-to articles
- free instructional videos, audio recordings, webinars
- and more
YOU CAN ACCESS MANY OF THE SAME RESOURCES by visiting your local SBDC office.
WITH MORE THAN 700 SBDCS THROUGHOUT THE U.S., the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa and the U.S. Virgin Islands, SBDC assistance is available nearly everywhere.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PDF LIST OF SBDCs TO HELP WITH YOUR BUSINESS TODAY
Click here to visit IWS for more books, courses and newsletters to help you succeed in small business.